To the citizens of Delaware
I hope you will consider giving me your support in my campaign to serve as your next governor.
First a little about my service and my family.
I served in the U.S. Army Reserves for six years. I served as president of the Greater Seaford Chamber of Commerce, the Seaford Kiwanis Club, and the Western Sussex Citizens for Life.
My wife, Carol, and I live in Seaford and attend Crossroad Community Church. We have three children, two are graduates of the University of Delaware and one is a graduate of Liberty University and Regent University. We also have five grandchildren and are long time supporters of a child in Ethiopia through ChildFund, Delmarva Teen Challenge and the Delaware Family Policy Council.
In my six years as Senator from the 21st District, I have:
- Kept my promise to vote against tax increases.
- Been the leading voice in the General Assembly on the pro-life issue, authoring Senate Bill 21, the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, and Senate Bill 19, the Women’s Ultrasound Right to Know Act.
- Made protecting the 2nd amendment a priority. (Shall not be ‘infringed’ means just that.)
- Supported efforts to increase funding for the State Police. (We need to defend, not defund, our police.)
- Voted for increased benefits for our veterans.
- Introduced and passed legislation to combat human trafficking.
- Authored a resolution to instruct our youth toward drug-free lifestyle choices. (Still working to have this in all our schools.)
- Fought for and obtained increased funding for the Home of Hope, an addiction rehabilitation center for women, the first of its kind in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Served on more than a dozen committees or task forces, currently serving on the Joint Finance Committee, Elections and Government Affairs and Veteran Affairs, to name a few.
- Sponsored or co-sponsored more than 90 bills, all but three of which passed.
I think I have shown during my time in office that I keep promises and care deeply about serving the needs of our citizens, and not my own.
As a member of the Joint Finance Committee, I have a better understanding of the requirements to improve in the areas of public safety, education, private sector job growth and responsible government.
Winning elections and serving in government are serious undertakings.
It takes knowledge and experience to run an effective campaign. Even more important, it will take knowledge, experience and tremendous perseverance to reform government, so it better serves the needs of all citizens.
With your help and support, we can begin a new era of progress in Delaware.
I am ready and determined to serve as your next governor.
In my life, I have taken three oaths that I have faithfully upheld.
The first was when I served in the Army Reserves.
The second was my marriage vow.
The third was when I was sworn into the Senate.
My commitment in life is to honor God, protect life and preserve liberty for as long as I have the privilege to serve the great citizens of Delaware.